Monday, August 28, 2017

Vineyard Relocated and Wine Progress | Year 3

I was able to get my vineyard relocated to my new place. Thankfully, since I harvested a few weeks ago, I didn't have to worry about grapes falling off. Nearly all the vines had rooted from their container into the soil. No wonder they were always doing so well.

At my new place, they'll have a bit more space along with sunlight too. For the mean time, I'm watering them manually every evening. They should be going dormant soon.

Estate Blend Update

Now about 2 weeks after starting my 2017 Estate Blend, I removed it from the skins. I'm surprised at how easy they all poured out from my carboy. I pressed it to the best of my ability and got nearly a full mason jar of wine.

Here's how the wine looked the last time I checked. Gravity is an amazing filter!

I did an ABV check too and it was at around 9%. So I guess that means I harvested a bit early as my sugar content was not high enough. That would also imply that the acid content is higher than normal. When I tasted it though, it seemed fine. I hit it with a partial campden tablet and some potassium sorbate. I really don't want this wine turning to vinegar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks, please only leave comments relative to the blog post. All spam will be removed and spammers will be blocked.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.