Thursday, March 30, 2017

Bicycle Basket Modifications

My welding teacher would always joke that if welding was too difficult for you, you could always quit and go into basket weaving or something.  What he failed to mention was that basket weaving is actually more difficult than welding!
I had been looking for some larger baskets for my bikes, but they don't seem to come in convenient sizes or shapes (at garage sales at least), so I figured I'd try experimenting with buying some oversized ones and cutting them down to size.
I found this first basket, presumably designed to hold vinyl records, which I wanted to put on the front of my bike from the Bicycle Upgrayedd 2 project.  Clearly, I don't want my stuff falling out the side of the basket when I'm riding, so I'll have to modify the shape a bit.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Mini Seed Starting Greenhouse

I needed something to start my pepper seeds in. I discovered that I still had a tray lying around from the old microgreens project a while back. I also found some PVC pipe and fittings from a different failed experiment. A few snips from the pipe cutter later, tape, and plastic wrap later, and I had a mini greenhouse to start my seeds in.

Friday, March 17, 2017

Making the Rye Stout again (Batch #3)

I liked the Rye Stout so much, I made it for a third time. This recipe is very tasty!
Can't make beer without grain